Monday, August 6, 2012

Parm-breaded Pork Chops

My mom has a new subscription to Taste of Home magazine and she's been bringing them to me when she's finished reading.  Aren't I a lucky girl??  A few months ago, I found this recipe and just had to try it.  They turned out good but I wanted to omit the butter in the recipe and use olive oil spray instead.  I thought the butter made the breading a little soggy, but the flavor was great and the chops were so tender. The original recipe called for 6 chops and even though I only made 4, I did use almost all of the breading so they were well-coated.   I don't think I would have had enough breading for 6 chops. 

My husband really liked these so I knew I needed to make them again with the necessary changes.  Well, the next time I went to make them, I couldn't find the recipe.  I knew I had clipped it from the magazine and put it somewhere.  I searched and searched!  I even tried searching on their website, but I had to have a subscription to look at their recipes.  I was seriously bummed out because I wanted to make them again so badly.  Weeks later it turned up in a stack of recipes I had set aside!  I was so relieved!!  The next time I made these I used olive oil spray instead and the breading was much better.  My hubby is such a picky eater and he really likes these!  This is my new favorite dinner recipe!!!  Yummy!


Place flour in a bowl.  In another bowl, combine egg and milk.  In a third bowl, combine the crushed crackers, cheese, salt, and pepper.  Dip each chop in flour mixture, then egg mixture, and finally the cracker mixture.  Place in a 13x9 pan sprayed with olive oil spray.  Spray tops of breaded chops with additional olive oil spray.  This will help them brown nicely!


Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30  minutes or until cooked through.  Let stand a few minutes before serving.

Parm-breaded Pork Chops
adapted from:  Taste of Home

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg
2 T. milk
1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (I used Townhouse crackers.)
3 T. grated Parmesan
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
olive oil spray
4-5 boneless pork chops  (You could probably do 6, but VERY lightly breaded).

Place flour in a bowl. In another bowl, combine egg and milk. In a third bowl, combine the crushed crackers, cheese, salt, and pepper. Dip each chop in flour mixture, egg mixture, and cracker mixture. Place in a 13x9 pan sprayed with olive oil spray. Spray tops of breaded chops with additional olive oil spray.   Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand a few minutes before serving.

Note:  I recently made these again and didn't realize I was out of crackers so I used Panko bread crumbs and they were delicious!!

Shared on:

Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper

1 comment:

  1. You can never have enough pork chop recipes! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete