Thursday, October 13, 2011

S'mores Bars

I happened upon this recipe last night and was so thrilled I had all the ingredients.  Well, not all of them.  I didn't have Hershey bars but remembered I had some milk chocolate chips- works for me!!  These went together really quickly and are so delicious!   The perfect dessert to take to a fall party!!  Hope you give this one a try!
Start with 1/2 c. butter softened and 3/4 c. sugar.
Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
Add in egg and vanilla.
Mix flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking powder in small bowl.  Gradually incorporate into wet mixture.
Spread 1/2 of dough into bottom of 8 inch pan ( I think mine was a 9 inch pan so the dough didn't go as far). 
Spread marshmallow creme over dough.
Sprinkle on chips and add the rest of the dough.  I used a slightly larger pan so I had some gaps in my dough.  I was a little unhappy with this until I saw the result!!
Look at all that gooey marshmallow oozing through!!!!  Yummy!
ENJOY!!

S'mores Bars
Source:  adapted from Let's Dish Recipes

1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
6 sheets of graham crackers (make these into crumbs)
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 inch baking pan.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.  Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.  In a small bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.  Add to butter mixture, and beat until combined.  Press half of the dough evenly in the pan.  Spread marshmallow cream over dough.  Sprinkle chocolate chips over marshmallow cream.  Spread remaining dough over chocolate chips.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Cool completely.

4 comments:

  1. The listing of ingredients calls for "1" egg, however, the instructions state "add EGGS".

    So, is "1" egg correct & the instructions were mis-printed or is there suppose to be more than 1 egg included in the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Susan! Just one egg!! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this recipe .... using "1" egg

    :)

    it was GREAT .... EXCELLENT warm!!!

    THANKS for sharing!

    :)

    ReplyDelete