Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


I had some bananas that were getting overripe and thought baking banana bread sounded good.  I've been seeing lots of recipes for banana bread with chocolate chips so I decided to give it a try!  These are fabulous!!  I adapted the banana bread recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  My mother-in-law gave these pans to all the ladies in the family a few years back.  Each loaf is about the size of 1 1/2- 2 cupcakes.  I used two medium cookie scoops of batter for each loaf.  Hope you enjoy this recipe!  I will definitely be making this one again! 

 Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

 Aren't these little loaves adorable??


Updated 1/30/2013- Made this recipe again today only made it in a standard loaf pan (see pic below). 
 
 

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
adapted from:  Better Homes and Gardens cookbook

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 egg
1 cup mashed bananas ( I used 2)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 tsp. grated orange peel
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Grease the bottom and sides of loaf pan(s).  In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except chocolate.  Mix until just moistened.  (Note:  I dusted my chocolate chips with about a tsp. of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of each loaf.)  Fold in chocolate chips.  Spoon batter into prepared pan(s).  For mini-loaves, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (If baking one loaf in a regular loaf pan, bake for about 45-50 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment