Monday, January 14, 2013

Broccoli Cauliflower Salad

There are dozens of versions of this salad on the internet and in cookbooks. Yet, when I go to make this salad, I find myself scouring the internet and cookbooks for a recipe to follow. When I was asked to make this for a Christmas gathering, I decided I was going to write down the recipe I used so I don't have to go searching anymore. I found a couple of recipes I really liked, but couldn't decide which one to use.  So. . .I decided to use the best of both. Here is what I came up with and it was perfect!! So glad I got it right!!

 
 




Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
 
1 head broccoli, chopped (florets only, bite size pieces)

1 head cauliflower (florets only, bite size pieces)

2 green onions, chopped (both white and green  parts)

1/2 c. slivered almonds

1/2 c. dried cranberries

6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled  (I cooked mine in the microwave. . .)

For the dressing, combine:

1 cup mayo

1/4 c. sugar

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1 T. apple cider vinegar

Combine first six ingredients in medium serving bowl.   Mix ingredients for the dressing and pour over salad and toss to coat. 


Enjoy!!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment