Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ladybug 1st Birthday Party

About a month ago, we celebrated our daughter's 1st birthday with a very sweet "ladybug picnic" birthday party!  Just thought I would share in case anyone is in need of some ideas for this theme.  I made most of the decorations using my Cricut machine. 


In the beginning, I had just planned to make this sweet Happy Birthday sign!  Then one thing led to another and I was making picks for my outdoor planters, door signs, and tissue PomPoms!!  I had such a blast making these adorable decorations!!


I made this pick using my Cricut.  The sign is attached to a wooden skewer.



Another sign made using the Cricut!  I used the Mini Monograms cartridge!



 I made these ladybug appetizers to go with our theme!  I used Townhouse Toppers crackers with a little flavored cream cheese, 2 parts of a quartered grape tomato, and a halved black olive!  These were really tasty!



I also made the birthday cake!  This is an 11x15 white cake.  I used two different sized bowls to create the ladybug!  I had so much fun decorating this!!  I wanted to cry when it was time to cut it!!  :)

I also made coordinating chocolate daisy cupcakes and a smash cake for the birthday girl!!




1 comment:

  1. Nice theme for the party. The decoration and entire setup looks amazing. My daughter will also be a-year-old in a few days and we are arranging an amazing party to celebrate the occasion. Our initial thoughts were to host a house party. But as we readied the guest list, we realized it would be best to book a party space at a convention center.

    ReplyDelete