Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Glazed Pecans

Several years ago I hosted a Christmas goodie/cookie exchange for my sorority sisters.  It was so much fun and there were so many delicious treats.  We also exchanged the recipes as well!  One of the ladies brought these pecans to share and they were wonderful.  I've made these many times over the years.  I even made them for my sister-in-law's baby shower and they were a hit.  These are super easy and so delicious!  Hope you enjoy!  (P.S.  These are great to make before you have company coming!  They will make your house smell wonderful!!)


 
 You will need a 1b. of pecan halves, 1 egg white, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 T. lemon juice, and 1 tsp. cinnamon.

 
 Mix egg, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in large bowl.

 
 Add pecans and coat well.

 
Place on cookie sheet LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER!  Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. 



Spread on parchment paper to cool.  (Note:  Use a clean piece of parchment for the cooling!)


Enjoy!
 

Glazed Pecans

1 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1 t. cinnamon
1 lb. pecan halves

Mix first four ingredients in large bowl.  Add pecan halves into mixture and coat well.  Spread pecans on parchment paper lined cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.  Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.  Spread on parchment paper to cool.

Shared on:

Everyday Mom's Meals


3 comments:

  1. Love these! I might just have to make some. If I blog, I'll link back to you of course! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week, and come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful!I am visiting from Church Supper! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista- Hope you give them a try!

    Teri- Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete