Thursday, April 26, 2012

Roasted Chicken

I love chicken salad but have struggled for a long time to make chicken salad at home that tasted as good as others I have tried.  Well, I'm still experimenting with what I actually put in my chicken salad, but one thing is always the same.  I roast my own chicken.  It's so delicious!!  This would be great as a meal too along with your favorite side dish! 



 I use bone-in chicken breasts.  You will need some lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I start by lining my pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.  These can get pretty messy so this step is really important to me!! :)  If you decide to use parchment, PLEASE be sure it can withstand high temperatures and keep an eye on it as they cook.  Lay chicken breasts on parchment, meat side up.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

 Drizzle with a little EVOO, and lemon juice.  I don't measure but please don't go overboard here.  Just a little drizzle of each will do it.

 Then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I don't measure- I just season it to my taste.

 Flip the chicken over and do the same on the other side.   In a 450 degree oven, cook chicken meat side down for 15 minutes.  Set a timer!!  Then flip the chicken over and cook for another 30 minutes until chicken is done.  I use a meat thermometer.  These were thick pieces of chicken so mine cooked closer to an additional 45 minutes.


When meat is done, remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10  minutes before chopping.


All ready to make that chicken salad!!

Shared on:

Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper

3 comments:

  1. I have been "preaching" on my blog for months how anytime a recipe calls for "cooked chicken" I use roasted. I usually use boneless chicken tenders, and it's just so easy and gives so much more flavor. Plus if you use boneless you can shred it in the Kitchen Aid! Thanks for sharing this at Church Supper and reinforcing what I've been telling my readers! Have a blessed week and hope to see you next Sunday ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this recipe on Pinterest. I didn't start learning to cook until about a year ago after I had gastric bypass surgery and to say that I was afraid to cook something like this is an understatement. Prior to my surgery, if I needed chicken, I used the Tyson frozen pre-made stuff or canned chicken. I made this chicken the other day and will NEVER buy pre-made chicken again. It was so easy and so good it will be the staple all my recipes from here on out. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Magan!!! Thank you for sharing!! I love this recipe too and it really is very easy! So glad you like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete