Thursday, April 12, 2012

Raspberry Jello Poke Cake

My mom made this cake for my birthday this year and I forgot how much I loved it!  She made it with Strawberry Jello.  I decided I would use raspberry for our Easter dessert.  It did not disappoint!  I love this cake!!  Try using a different flavor of Jello to match the occasion!!!


Bake a white cake mix according to package directions.


 Poke holes in the cooled cake.  You can use a fork or the end of a wooden spoon.


Pour Jello over the top!


Refrigerate for a few hours and then top with 1 small carton of whipped topping!


Scrumptious!!!

Raspberry Jello Poke Cake
adapted from:  Betty Crocker

1 box white cake mix baked according to package directions
1 box raspberry Jello ( you can use your choice of flavor)  4 serving size
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
8 oz. container Cool Whip

Bake cake according to package directions.  Cool completely and poke holes in cake.  Mix jello with boiling water and stir until jello is dissolved.  Add in cold water and stir.  Immediately, pour jello over cake.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then frost with Cool Whip!

Shared on:

Everyday Mom's Meals


2 comments:

  1. My made poke cake quite often! I'd forgotten all about it.
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would love this! They are raspberry fools! I'm actually trying a poke cake this week w/ key lime as the base! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week ~EMM

    ReplyDelete