Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oreo Cookie Dessert

My mom made this dessert when we were growing up and we loved it!  It was my brother and I's favorite dessert!  Simple but scrumptious!  This past weekend I decided to make this for my family to enjoy.  I knew my daughter would love it and I was right!  I made a scaled down version for our small family.  If you're planning on taking this for a potluck or are just feeding a crowd, simply double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan.  Don't plan on bringing home any leftovers!!  Trust me!!


 You will need about a dozen oreos ( I used 11--10 for the crust and 1 for the garnish), 2 bananas, 1 lg. pkg. of vanilla pudding ( please note I bought the small box by mistake- go for the big box!), and an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip.


 Crumble oreos and add to 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.  Save one or two Oreos to garnish this dessert!


Make pudding according to package directions and pour over cookies.


Slice bananas and layer over pudding.


Spread Cool Whip over bananas and garnish with crumbled Oreo (s).  Refrigerate for several hours before serving!


Enjoy!!  This won't last long!!

Oreo Cookie Dessert

Oreo Cookies (about a dozen)
1 lg. pkg. instant vanilla pudding (prepared according to package directions)
2 bananas, sliced
1 8oz. container Cool Whip

Crush Oreo cookies and layer in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.  Layer prepared pudding over Oreos.  Add sliced bananas over pudding.  Top with Cool Whip.  Garnish with crumbled Oreos.  Refrigerate several hours before serving.

Shared on:

Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper

Flour Me with Love

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. I want some. NOW! This looks divine! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & see you next Sunday ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and so quick and easy! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks incredibly good - like dirt pudding combined with banana pudding! :)

    Stopping by from last week's Mix It Up Monday - pinned to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is definitely a keeper!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete