Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coleslaw with Almonds and Dried Cranberries

I happened to see Paula Deen make this recipe on her show a few years back and knew I had to try it!  We often have this in the spring when my hubby is fishing and we have lots of fish in the freezer!  It's also great with pulled pork or sloppy joe sandwiches!  I don't use the exact measurement of cabbage the recipe calls for.  Instead, I just use one bag of shredded cabbage for convenience.  I leave out the chopped celery as well.  The original recipe calls for almonds but I prefer sliced almonds instead.  Hope you love this recipe as much as I do!

 Did I mention how easy this is to make???

 Pour the bag of cabbage in a serving bowl.  Add chopped green pepper and green onion.

 Toss in the almonds and dried cranberries.

 Toss well!

In a small bowl, mix together mayo, pickle relish, honey mustard, honey, salt and pepper.  Mix with coleslaw mixture prior to serving.


A great side dish to our pulled chicken sandwiches!!


Coleslaw with Almonds and Dried Cranberries
Adapted from :  Paula Deen's  recipe - Rene's Coleslaw

1 bag of shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix)
1/2 cups sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts (I used two.)
1/2 cup chopped greeen pepper

Mix above ingredients in large bowl.
Dressing:

1/2 cup mayo ( I used Hellman's light.)
1 T. sweet pickle relish
1 T. honey mustard
1 T. honey
salt and pepper to taste
Pour dressing over slaw mixture just before serving.  Mix well!


Shared on: 

2 comments:

  1. Kristi
    I have a recipe called Harvest Slaw that I bet you would like if I think about it I'll try to remember to bring it with me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bring me the recipe! I can't wait to try it. The dressing sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete