Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

I am always on the lookout for new crockpot recipes!  So when I found this on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it!  We love BBQ hamburgers and pulled pork, but I loved the idea of using chicken!  These were fabulous!  

The original recipe came from Real Mom Kitchen and you can find it here.  However, I made a few minor adjustments.  The original recipe calls for tomato paste, but I used ketchup instead as that is what I use as the base for my BBQ hamburger sauce.  If you've read many of my posts, you know how much I hate chopping onion.  So I prefer to use a frozen onion seasoning blend (pictured below).  It's such a lifesaver!  It's chopped onions with a little red pepper, celery, and parsley.  It's great for any recipe that calls for onion (spaghetti sauce, chili, sloppy joes, etc.).   To give it an extra kick, I used spicy brown mustard in place of yellow mustard!

I served these on hamburger buns along with my favorite coleslaw recipe which you can find here!  A perfect meal!!


 Place chopped onion mixture in bottom of crockpot.

 Add chicken. . .

 Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.


 At the end of cooking time, shred chicken and return to sauce.  Mix well!


Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

Adapted from :  Real Mom Kitchen

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 onion, chopped  ( I used a frozen onion seasoning blend!)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
3 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
3 Tbsp brown sugar

Sprinkle onion in bottom of crockpot and place chicken on top.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.  Cook on low for about 6 hours.  At the end of cooking time, shred chicken and return to crockpot.  Stir well to incorporate sauce with chicken!  Serve on sandwich buns.

Shared on:

Everyday Mom's Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment