Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Goulash

I first made this recipe because it was a dish my hubby liked and had grown up with.  I was searching for a goulash recipe but had never had this dish myself so I decided to do a Google search and found that Paula Deen had a recipe.  Well, I figured I couldn't go wrong with her recipe so I gave it a try and really liked it!  I've cut the recipe in half and adjusted an item or two for convenience.  Her original recipe calls for her special House Seasoning so I've made the substitution without having to make a batch of her House Seasoning.  This is an easy weeknight meal!  Serve with a side salad and your favorite bread for a meal your whole family will love!



Goulash
Adapted from :  Paula Deen's recipe - Bobby's Goulash

1 lb. ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped (I used 1 cup of a frozen onion seasoning blend)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. water
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 T. Italian seasoning
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1-1/2 c. elbow macaroni (I typically use only 1 c. but this time I added another 1/2 c. and it was fine!)

Brown ground beef over medium-high heat.  Drain.  Add onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients (except macaroni).  Stir well and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.  Add elbow macaroni and simmer for 20-30 minutes.  Turn off heat, remove bay leaf and allow to mixture to sit for 10-20 minutes.





Goulash

No comments:

Post a Comment