Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball

A friend of mine gave me this recipe several years ago.  I was looking for a cheeseball recipe the other night and didn't have a lot of ingredients on hand.  When I stumbled across this one in my recipe box, I knew I had what I needed to make this one (with a few substitutions).  It's been a while since I made this and I forgot how good it is and so easy!  Below, you will find the original recipe along with my substitutions.

 Mix 2 8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese with 1/2 cup mayo, 1 T. sugar, and a few dashes of onion flakes.

 Add in crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese and mix well!


Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball

2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. Miracle Whip  (I used real mayonnaise.)
1 T. sugar
2-3 T. thinly sliced green onions (I used a few shakes of onion flakes.)
1 jar (2.8 oz).  Hormel real bacon pieces (I used 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled.)
1 cup cheddar cheese


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi,this is so good, Iv made this before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's it!? this is so simple! :) And I bet all that cream cheese and mayo would taste fabulous!
    -
    Kavi
    (Edible Entertainment)
    Ongoing events:
    Jingle All The Way &
    Microwave Easy Cooking

    ReplyDelete