Thursday, December 8, 2011

Restaurante Style Salsa

Several weeks ago, I spotted a salsa on Pinterest that looked delicious.  Unfortunately, I could never find the link to the recipe.  Then, a few days later, someone had commented on the photo as to the recipe ingredients.  I don't know if it was accurate or not but I decided to try it.  The first batch I tried was too garlicky and needed some sweetness so I've finally tweaked it to my liking!  This is so easy too and it makes a pretty large quantity!  Enjoy!!

 You will need a 28 oz. can of CRUSHED tomatoes, a 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles, 3 green onions (white & green parts), a 1/4-1/2 bunch of cilantro, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. sugar, 3-4 shakes of red pepper flakes, and juice of 1/2 of a small lime.

 I pulsed the green onions, cilantro, and green chiles in the food chopper.  (You can chop these by hand if you want!)  My chopper didn't want to cooperate.  I don't think I had enough ingredients in it to work properly.  So I ended up adding a 1/4 cup of my tomatoes.  Then everything chopped up very fine!

 Add onion mixture, 1 clove of minced garlic, salt, sugar, and lime juice to tomatoes.  Stir well.

 Just like my favorite Mexican restaurant!!

Enjoy!!!

Restaurante Style Salsa

28 oz. can CRUSHED (not diced) tomatoes
4 oz. can chopped green chiles
3 green onions (both white & green parts)
1/4-1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
3-4 shakes of red pepper flakes
juice of 1/2 of a small lime.

Pulse onions, chiles, and cilantro in food chopper. Add to remaining ingredients and stir well!

Shared on:

Raising 4 Princesses

Wonka Wednesday Party

Everyday Mom's Meals

Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I have a recipe very similar to this and we love it. Who knew the secret was canned tomatoes! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper!

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! It's probably not a good thing that I've figured out how to make my favorite restaurante salsa. So addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yes it is!!! I crave it all the time!! But it's mainly veggies and fruit, right??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This is an awesome post. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. I set my blog up about a month ago and am still very new to food blogging. I have a lot of web experience in general but this was still a great guide for the easiest way to create a website without a headache. Now I’m addicted to Foodgawker. Thanks again and really appreciated all of your tips! Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!
    Love your post. It's really amazing & helpful too. Being foodie i keep trying new dishes i tried this recipe & it turned out to be really tasty . Keep sharing :)
    Thank You & Regards
    Ankita



    onlyloudest

    ReplyDelete