Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Veggie Pizza Squares

I originally found this recipe in the Pampered Chef Classics cookbook.  I've made it many times, but have adapted it over to time to my tastes and also to make it a little simpler to make.  I use the Big & Flaky crescent rolls to give it more of a deep dish style.  So yummy!  I don't really measure out the veggies and cheese.  Use what works for you!  Enjoy!

 You will need to 2 8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese, 2 containers of crescent rolls, 1 clove of garlic,  2 tsp. of dill weed, 1 T. mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, about 4 cups of chopped veggies and some cheddar cheese.  I like to use a bag of mixed veggies from the produce.  The mix I use contains broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.  They are already chopped, but I do chop them a bit further as I like smaller pieces.  You will only use about half the bag. I also chop a bit of red pepper (about a 1/4 cup).

 Place crescent rolls in a prepared jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or golden brown.

 Allow crust to cool.

 Mix softened cream cheese, mayo, dill, minced garlic, and salt and pepper in medium bowl until well-blended.

 Spread mixture over cooled crust.

 Add broccoli and cauliflower.

 Sprinkle on a little diced red pepper.

 Add some sliced carrots.  I only sliced about 3-4 baby carrots.  It doesn't take much!

 I love how festive this looks!  Perfect for those holiday parties!!  Oh and don't forget to sprinkle on some cheddar cheese (see below)!

Refrigerate until ready serve!  Cut into squares!

Veggie Pizza Squares

Adapted from:  Pampered Chef Classics Cookbook

2 pkgs. crescent rolls (I use the Big & Flaky ones.)
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 T. mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups chopped veggies ( I use a bag of mixed veggies and a little red pepper)
shredded cheddar cheese

Place crescent rolls in prepared jelly roll pan to form crust.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool.  Mix cream cheese, mayo, garlic, dill weed, and salt and pepper in medium bowl.  Spread mixture over cooled crust.  Place chopped veggies over mixture and sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Cut into squares.

Shared on: 

Raising 4 Princesses

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jacob LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE veggies, I will have to fix this for him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... I am going to fix it Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so colorful! :) Love all those ingredients that have gone into the pizza! Gives me a sense of *even-though-pizza-is-fatty-I-am-also-consuming-nutrients-rich-veggies* feeling! :)
    -
    Kavi
    (Edible Entertainment)
    Ongoing events:
    Jingle All The Way &
    Microwave Easy Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kavi! I love the colors too- so festive!

    ReplyDelete