Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crockpot Peanut Clusters


This recipe was in our local newspaper a couple of years ago and I knew I had to try it.  The recipe called for Spanish peanuts but I prefer dry roasted so I did make that change.  This recipe is so simple and makes over 100 peanut clusters!  More importantly, it only takes about an hour and most of that time you're just waiting for the chocolate to melt!! 

 You'll need a 24 oz. package of almond bark, 12 oz. pkg. of semi-sweet chips, 12 oz. pkg. of milk chocolate chips, and 2 jars of dry roasted peanuts (one regular, one unsalted).

 Chop the almond bark into smaller pieces and place in crockpot.

 Add remaining ingredients and stir well.  Turn crockpot on low and cover.  Stir mixture every 15 minutes to allow everything to melt a little faster.

 Have plenty of pans lined with wax paper.  You will need them.  This recipe makes a ton of clusters!!!!

 Again, stir occasionally!
 When chocolate is melted, give one last stir to make sure almond bark is completely blended with the other chocolate- no white streaks.

 Use a teaspoon to spoon onto wax paper! 

Candy making at its best!!!

Crockpot Peanut Clusters

24 oz. package almond bark, chopped
12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. package milk chocolate chips
2 16 oz. jars of dry roasted peanuts ( one regular, one unsalted)

Place all ingredients in crockpot and stir well.  Turn crockpot on low and stir mixture occasionally.  Melting will take about 45 minutes.  When chocolate is melted, stir well.  Spoon mixture using a teaspoon onto pans lined with waxed paper.

Shared on:

Raising 4 Princesses

Wonka Wednesday Party

Everyday Mom's Meals

Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms

16 comments:

  1. Wow. Super easy, and make so many!!! What a great gift idea, or activity to do w/ the kiddies :) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week, and a Merry Christmas!

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista! This would definitely be a great kid activity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful.
    I'll be trying this!!
    Thank you
    Carla <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not make these as a gift and give them to your loved one in a new crockpot, along with the recipe of course. What a sweet surprise when they open the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just came across your blog from a comment you left on Cooking with Libby about crock pot cooking. Signed up to get your updates by email and have been perusing your recipes. I make this recipe but with one added ingredient. Crushed chips! I know, it isn't a healthy addition but does add great flavour and crunch! But honestly I only make it at Christmas - temptation is too great! Also it is great to add raisins, dried fruit, etc. for variety. Enjoying your blog and looking forward to checking it all out! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nants!! Those are all great suggestions! I'll have to remember them when I make these again at the holidays!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have this in the crockpot right now! Kids loved adding stuff to the crockpot!! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome! I'm going to be making these again soon!! A holiday favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Wow! Thanks so so much for all your help ! That’s great it’s really very overwhelming at the beginning !! lots of information and things to do to start a food blog . But the way you put it together is extremely helpful . Hope I can launch my site soon !!
    Thanks again you are awesome!! Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad this is still posted. My favorite recipe for the peanut clusters. Thank you for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that the magazine is a wonderful idea – I would like to see families cook at least one meal a week together – might help alot of problems
    Harold Burton

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made this recipe almost to a T. I added scorpion pepper sauce to the spicy miso paste for some serious heat. It’s fabulous! The notes for the recipe are right on the money! The egg was perfect (I’ve never made a soft boiled egg but I love them so much)! I also used dried mushrooms and low sodium veggie stock. I live in Japan and this was better than any I’ve had here. I’m hooked.
    Kelly Hubbard

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, you have just made my day. I was just talking to my husband about wanting to make more things from scratch. This is awesome.
    Holly Hooper

    ReplyDelete