Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Panko/Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia

A couple of years ago we had our living room, kitchen, and dining room painted.  I was pregnant with our daughter at the time so I decided to stay at my mom's until the paint fumes had gone.  While I was there, my mom made this dish for us.  She served it with roasted asparagus- yum!  I probably don't make it exactly like she does but fairly close.  This is such a tasty way to have tilapia and extremely easy!

 You will need some Panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese and some olive oil spray.  Mix about 1 cup Panko to about 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  I  made two filets tonight so you will need to adjust the breading mixture if you're making a larger quantity.  You could certainly add more cheese if you like. 

 I lined my pan with parchment.  Because I didn't dip my fish in egg or milk, I sprinkled a little of the breading where my fish will go.  If you prefer, you can dip your fish in egg or milk.  I just figure I'm saving a few calories and it's really not needed.

 Dip the fish in crumbs.  It will not stick well and that's okay.  Place fish on crumbs. 

 Sprinkle more crumbs on the top of fish to coat.  Spray with olive oil spray.  This will help it brown in the oven.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Fish should flake with a fork when done.

 You can find an olive oil mister at most kitchen stores.  I use this when I roast veggies as well. 

Dinner is served!!

No comments:

Post a Comment