Monday, September 19, 2011

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

I've adapted this recipe from several I found for cheesy garlic biscuits.  These remind me of the ones from my favorite seafood restaurant!  You know the one!!!


 Start with a biscuit mix.  I used reduced fat Bisquick.  I forgot to add the cheese to the picture!!  Mix 1 1/2 c. of Bisquick with 1/2 c. milk.  Add in 1/2 c. shredded cheddar.  Mix well.

 I just drop them by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.   Bake @ 450 degrees for 7-9 minutes.  In the meantime, melt 3-4 T of butter.  Add in 1/2 t. garlic powder.  (I used a little less butter this time and they weren't as yummy- go for the full amount of butter!)

 Use a pastry brush to apply butter/garlic mixture to biscuits.  You can even just dunk the tops of the biscuits into the butter/ garlic mixture. 

Delicious!!

Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
1 1/2 c. biscuit baking mix
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
3-4 T. melted butter
1/2 t. garlic powder

Mix baking mix, milk, and cheese in small bowl.  Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.  Bake @ 450 degrees for 7-9 minutes.  Melt butter and add in garlic powder.  After biscuits come out of the oven, brush them with the butter/garlic mixture.

1 comment:

  1. If you cut 1/2 stick of real butter into cubes and use a pastry blender to cut the cold butter into the bisquick and then mix in the milk and cheese...these are so moist and delicate and will turn out even 100 times better than red lobsters cheddar bay biscuits!!

    ReplyDelete