Monday, September 12, 2011

Roasted Spaghetti Squash

A friend of mine brought me a spaghetti squash the other day.  She knew I'd been wanting to try one.  Well, today I roasted it for lunch and it was so delicious!!  I followed some info on Martha Stewart's website to get it roasted.  She had a recipe for serving as well, but I didn't have those same ingredients so I had to improvise.  Be sure to check her page for more info.  I will definitely try it her way the next time I make this!!  I was worried this would turn out mushy but the texture reminded me of pasta al dente!


 Cut in half and remove seeds.  I actually only removed the seeds I saw on top because I was afraid I was removing to much of the "spaghetti".  I actually should have scooped out the center of the squash.  The best "spaghetti" was in the outer part.

 Brush cut sides with EVOO!!

 Sprinkle 1 T brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste over the olive oil.


 I drizzled a little olive oil over my baking sheet and place squash cut side down.  Bake @ 400 degrees for 45 minutes. 


 At the end of baking time, remove from oven and flip over.  Cool for about 5-10 minutes and shred with a fork.  Again, I should have scooped out the center. There were a lot of seeds under that flesh!



I tossed mine with a little olive oil,  parmesan, chopped pecans, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and of course, salt and pepper!

Shared on :

http://www.gooseberrypatch.typepad.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment