Friday, September 16, 2011

Simple Sloppy Joes

This is one of those recipes that I tend to change from time to time.  This is how I made this dish for supper last night.  On occasion, I will even add a splash of Worcestershire for an extra kick or even spicy brown or honey mustard intead of the yellow mustard.  I've tried several different sloppy joe recipes over the last few years and just combined some of the ingredients that I liked while still keeping this a quick and simple recipe! 


 The one thing I love about this recipe is that I almost always have everything on hand!

 Saute' beef and onion seasoning blend together.

                                   
Drain beef mixture.

 In a measuring cup, mix together remaining ingredients.

 Add ketchup mixture to ground beef.

 Simmer for 10-15 minutes.

 Serve on hamburger buns or rolls.  I like sloppy joes on multi-grain sandwich thins!

Simple Sloppy Joes

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup frozen onion seasoning blend
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 c. ketchup
1 T. mustard
1 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. vinegar

Saute beef and onion seasoning blend until meat is browned and onions are tender.  Reduce heat to a simmer.  Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir into meat mixture.  Simmer for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment