Monday, September 26, 2011

Easy Homestyle Green Beans

I found this recipe several years ago while trying to figure out how to make green beans taste like those at my favorite restaurants or even my Grandma's.  She always told me to use ham & onion but I could still never get them quite right.  I was so excited to find this recipe and even more excited that you can use canned green beans.  I make these quite often.  I've even made it in a large quantity (4-5 cans green beans) to take to potlucks.  I always get rave reviews and everyone thinks these are fresh green beans!!  I've adjusted the recipe to make it even simpler, but you can get the original recipe here.

 You will need 2 slices of bacon diced, 1 14.5 oz. can cut green beans, 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules, and 1 tsp. onion flakes.

 Cook bacon pieces until crispy.

 If you want, you can drain some of the fat but usually I don't!!!  That's what makes these so yummy!!!

 Add in green beans (do NOT drain), onion flakes, and chicken bouillon.

 Simmer 10-15 minutes!

Serve as a side to your favorite meal!!!

Easy Homestyle Green Beans
1 14.5 oz. can cut green beans, undrained
1 tsp.  chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp. onion flakes
2 slices bacon

Dice bacon and cook in small saucepan until crisp.  Add in remaining ingredients and simmer 10-15 minutes!

Shared on:
Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Roundup

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like something my husband would love! I mean, who doesn't like bacon???

    Thanks so much for sharing! And thanks for stopping by and visiting me on Facebook!

    New fan here! New follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! I make these quite often. I still make fresh green beans in season, but these are such an easy alternative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Green Beans and they are the best veggie to bring down cholesterol levels. Well, maybe not w/ the bacon....Lol. But they would taste good!
    Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Have a great week.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete