Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cake

My mom began making this when I was just in high school.  From then on, our family always preferred this over pumpkin pie!  The cake mix/butter/pecan crust that forms on top is out of this world!  Dont' forget to serve this with whipped topping!!  I get lots of requests for this recipe!  Try it- you'll like it!!

 Here's what you'll need!

 In a large bowl, mix together evaporated milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, sugar, and eggs. 

 Pour pumpkin mixture into 9x13 pan.

 Sprinkle cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture.

 Drizzle 1 cup melted butter over cake mix.


 Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Don't forget the whipped topping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pumpkin Pie Cake
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 c. pecans, chopped

Mix together evaporated milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, sugar, and eggs.  Pour into 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture.  Drizzle 1 cup melted butter over cake mix.  Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on top!  Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Shared on:

Wonka Wednesday Party
Celebrating Family
Gooseberry Patch Recipe Roundup

6 comments:

  1. A PERFECT FALL DESSERT!!! I WILL HAVE TO TRY THIS! THANKS FOR SHARING AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great, thanks for sharing :) Just found your blog,,,, new follower here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Renee! You can find me on Facebook too. Thanks for joining me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I made this for husbands work, he was in a bad wrevk, almost died, when he went back to work I made his shift this,and they looooooooooooooooooooved it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Hope your husband is doing well! Glad they loved it!! I really need to make this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing recipe! I will try must , I have not made pie at home before. I ordered it from bakeries. and noticed that high quality and yummy pie always packed in high quality pie box. Businesses use custom Pie boxes to enhance customer experiece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete