Sunday, September 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies

I've been looking for a new sweet treat to try and just hadn't found anything.  Just as I was about to give up on baking anything today, I ran across this recipe as I was searching the net.  These looked so amazing so I had to try them.  The one great thing about starting this blog has been getting to know so many other blogs in the process.  This recipe came from Sweet Pea's Kitchen and you can find the recipe here.  The only thing I changed was the amount of vanilla.  I reduced it by a teaspoon!!  Hope you try these!!  You will love them!!  Check out her blog for other great recipes!!!


 Start by gathering  and mixing your ingredients for the brownies.

 Line a 9 x 13 metal baking pan with parchment.  Butter the pan first, place the parchment, and then also butter the parchment.  Trust me on this- do NOT skip this step. 

 Mix wet ingredients.

 Gradually incorporate dry ingredients.

 Pour into prepared pan.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

 While brownies are cooling, prepare filling.  Mix 1/2 cup butter, softened, with 1/2 c. peanut butter.

 Add in 2 c. powdered sugar and 2-3 t. of milk.

 . . . until it looks like this!!!

 Finished Brownies. . .  Allow to cool completely!!!!

 Spread peanut butter filling in an even layer over brownies.  Place in refrigerator to set up filling - about 30 minutes.

 In a double boiler or a microwave safe container, melt 2 c. semi-sweet chips, 1/4 c. butter, 1/4 c. peanut butter, and 2 T. heavy whipping cream.



 Spread ganache gently over the top!!  Return to the fridge until set!


 Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies

For the Brownies:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla  (I ONLY USED TWO!!)
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-3 teaspoons milk
For the Ganache Topping:
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 by 13 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
  2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove from heat and add the sugar; stir to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Mix in cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add flour and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack.
  3. While the brownies are cooling, make the peanut butter filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the ingredients and beat until smooth. Add more milk if necessary to make it spreadable. Spread in an even layer over the brownies. Place in the refrigerator until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
  4. While the filling is setting, make the ganache, combine the ingredients in a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl. Melt together and combine. Pour the ganache over the top and spread gently. Return to the fridge until set.
Shared on:
Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper
Melt in Your Mouth Monday Blog Hop
Chef in Training Tuesday Talent Show
Wonka Wednesday Party
This Chick Cooks
Raising 4 Princesses
Lark's Country Heart Made it on Monday Linky Party
Lady Behind the Curtain Cast Party Wednesday
Recipes for My Boys:  Thursday's Treasures

23 comments:

  1. These brownies look incredible! I am so glad that you enjoyed them! I really need to make another batch of these soon...my mouth is watering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Have a great week and we'll see you next Sunday!

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Everything about this title caught my eye! Yummy ! Thanks for the inspiration. I started a link party at my blog and I'd love for you to link this up. If you're interested it's http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/ Have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. we can tell from your pic these r fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria- I will head on over and link up!!! Danielle- I KNOW YOU WOULD LOVE THESE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I'll need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, YUM. I know that's not very expressive of me, but seriously these looks simply...yum! I am bookmarking this to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know what you think!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower. This is such a lovely recipe. Love your step by step pics. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum! These seriously make my mouth water! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! These look heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was featured today! Thank you so very much for joining the T’ Time Link Party last week! I really love to see all the wonderful ideas. Link parties are also a great way to get your blog out there for others to see. Hope to see you today! Maria Raising4Princesses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the feature!!! I just checked it out!! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look fabulous! I've copied to try :) New follower here~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found you thru Goose Berry Patch
    New Follower. Everything looks wonderful!
    Blessings.
    Carla <><

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look really delicious! :) New follower!
    -
    Kavi | Edible Entertainment

    ReplyDelete